Hit the ground running back at work yesterday. Lots to do, but it actually felt good being back in gear and contributing.
Believe me, I've got nothing against vacation -- although I much prefer when they are paid and not the forced furlough variety.
But for whatever reason when I return from time off, I am usually happy to be at my job, getting things done and trying to make a difference. Maybe it's that German work ethic tradition I was raised with. No doubt I'm blessed doing something I basically enjoy.
I also enjoy being around the people I work with. I know there's a lot of telecommuting these days -- people working from home by computer. I've done that some days myself. But I'm sure I would miss the back and forth exchanges with co-workers if I was working in my basement office too frequently.
Check back with me to see if I still feel that way the day after Labor Day when the traffic resumes being horrible.
Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment