Thanks to my super-creative, newly H.S.-graduated daughter Megan, I have entered the blogosphere. Be interesting -- for me anyway -- to see how this goes. I do admit I have missed the weekly newspaper column I wrote for many years in Morris County, N.J. and Lansdale, Pa. before I came to USA TODAY two years ago and started focusing solely on editing what other people write.
Neat, Meg. Beats the heck out of a tie or a World's Best Dad T-shirt.
So, here goes. This weekend was great in so many ways. Besides my birthday and Father's Day, it was Megan's HS graduation weekend. All three of her siblings came to Virginia for the occasions, and it was fabulous -- even when we went to the bowling center and proved once again that none of us can bowl.
The so-called empty nest approaches with Megan heading to William & Mary in August. But judging by how great we've all done hitting the road to see each other the past two years since the move to Virginia, I suspect the nest won't feel all that empty.
A the Zen master said, "we'll see." (Charlie Wilson's War reference. You could look it up.)
Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment