6.24.2009

The Drive

So I'm off to New York and New Jersey once again this week. With grown kids Dave living in Bergen County, N.J. and daughter Katie and her husband Nick living in Montgomery County, Pa., these trips up I-95 are frequent.

In some ways that's great. I love seeing them. In other ways, the trips -- especially the trips home -- always seem like an ordeal. Going generally seems to be more pleasant -- you're anticipating the visit and whatever else you're going to be doing. Coming home? You just want to get there and it never seems like you do quickly enough.

Taking a slightly different approach this week. I went to the library yesterday -- having dusted the cobwebs off of my library card -- and took out an audio book. I went for light stuff -- a Spenser detective novel by my favorite guilty pleasure author Robert Parker. I've only tried this once before, but it was years ago, so I thought I'd give it another shot. This book, should my mind wander -- as it almost always does -- should be very easy to pick back up. We'll see.

Wonder how many times I'll shake my head this trip at people who don't have EZ-Pass.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment