Some random observations from the FKB desk...
Visited the National Harbor last weekend for the special July 3 fireworks show sponsored by the Gaylord National Hotel. Great show, but the hotel, although physically very nice, was awful in almost every other respect. They were just not prepared for the big turnout. Check-in was like an airport line..it took 30 minutes to get checked in. Elevators were extremely slow and it took us 20 minutes to get one to get back up to our room after the show. The one restaurant still open after the show -- out of 7 on the property -- had a waiting time of 45 minutes to place a food order -- AFTER you waited for a table. And now, wife Mary tells, me, they charged her debit card twice.
Unbelievably bad! Run away if anyone ever suggests you stay there.
****
I will always be a Mets fan -- I don't believe the team you rooted for as a kid is really something you can ever change. But with all their injuries and awful play, they have become downright unwatchable this year. I didn't watch an inning of their series in Philadelphia last weekend -- three losses of course. I'll probably pop them on for a brief while when I get home from work tonight, but the odds are they will not be a fun diversion.
****
Megan is off to college in six weeks and two days. The empty nest beckons.
Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment