I don't know much, but there are lots of things I think.
I think the Jets will beat the Steelers Sunday and go to the Super Bowl.
I think I probably just jinxed them by writing that.
I think most rabid sports fans are like me and actually believe that where they sit, what they wear and any number of things they do can actually influence the outcome of the game.
As such, I think it's not all that crazy that I wouldn't let daughter Megan back downstairs in the family room when the Jets scored against the Indianapolis Colts in the first round of the playoffs after she'd left for a while at halftime and not come back for the start of the third quarter.
(P.S.: She didn't leave last Sunday against the Patriots.)
And I even think it's not totally nuts that son Dan's friend Rob Lennon, who was watching the game with us, wouldn't let the veggie tray be taken out of the room, because "it's been there the whole time they've been winning."
I think it's boring this week, all this lovey-dovey stuff between the Jets and the Steelers. It's a lot more fun when Jets players and coaches are calling out the other team.
I think the Packers will beat the Bears, but getting back to my first sentence, what do I know. I didn't think they would beat the Falcons last week.
I think civility will become the norm in politics right after Patriots Coach Bill Belichick and QB Tom Brady invite Jets Coach Rex Ryan and cornerback Aaron Cromartie over for wings and beers and whatever else Brady's supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen whips up.
I think there is very little reason to watch American Idol anymore.
I think there hasn't been that much reason for some time now.
I think "The Fighter" should win Best Picture at the Oscars, but "The Social Network" will.
And I think it's going to be so cute to see those Democrats and Republicans sitting next to each other at the State of the Union address next week.
Kumbaya.
And later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment