1.12.2011

New year, time to give it a new shot

The last time I posted to this blog was June 30, 2010.
At that time...
The Mets were still alive in the 2010 pennant race.
Obama and the Democrats still controlled Congress.
I'd not yet seen the first episode of my favorite new TV shows, "Blue Bloods."
I had a different boss at work than I do now.
We hadn't installed a gas fireplace in our living room
I had not read the latest John Grisham novel "The Confession"
I had never had an MRI.
Mary's Mom was still with us and our nephew Chip had not yet gotten married.
My son Dan had never been bitten by a dog.
My other son Dave thought the Eagles were going to start Kevin Kolb at quarterback. As a matter of fact so did Eagles' Coach Andy Reid.
The Jets hadn't appeared on "Hard Knocks," and we'd never seen a video of Jets coach Rex Ryan's wife's feet.
I had a Twitter account.
I had never been to the new Meadowlands Stadium.
I had never seen Aretha Franklin or Harry Connick Jr. perform in person.
And I really thought I'd be posting to this blog every so often.
In many ways, it was a six-month period like so many others.
So good things happened, others not so good...some happy, some sad, some expected, some unexpected.
I plan to be better this year in keeping written track of such things and more.
But we've been down that promise road before.
We'll see. For now, a belated Happy New Year!
What I know so far in 2011 is that both the Jets and the Mets are unbeaten.
That will very likely change in the not too distant future.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment