Our youngest daughter is all moved in at William & Mary, where classes begin on Wednesday.
Our youngest son is attending orientation and welcome week activities at George Mason University, where he has transferred to from The College of New Jersey.
Now that the college stuff is largely behind us for the moment, I'm off to do a little training in Fort Myers, Fla. for the news staff at Gannett's News-Press.
Before I go, a few thoughts....
Why does it seem President Obama is being held to the fire for not fixing in eight months what the previous administration took eight years to mess up? He's made some mistakes, no doubt. But I'd like to suggest he merits a little more time before he's so grilled from points left and right.
Speaking of the mistakes of the past eight years, I looked at my 401K for the first time in a while recently. It's actually up a bit -- but I'm pretty sure I'll never see it return to what it was a couple of years ago.
Speaking of my 401K, having two kids in college at the same time for the first time since 2006 is a real pain in the bank account.
Speaking of having two kids in college, its cool they are both now in the state of Virginia. Gotta love in-state tuition.
Speaking of the state of Virginia, it's amazing to me that pubic schools, by law, can't start before Labor Day here, unless they have a special exemption -- due to the power of the good folks in the tourism business, from what I understand.
And speaking of the good folks in the tourism business, I think I'd enjoy seeing a lot more of this beautiful state if the traffic wasn't awful just about everywhere you try to go. Coming back from Williamsburg on I-95 last weekend was a royal pain.
But not as much of a pain as writing those tuition checks.
Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment